Central Plant Laboratory (CPL) carries out analytical monitoring of the incoming raw material, manufacturing processes and finished products, in order to determine its quality and compliance with the requirements of regulatory documents. The CPL also carries out monitoring of the environment and working conditions.
Until last year, there were seven departments in the CPL:
- two laboratories of physical-chemical method of analysis at the Tankhouse
- laboratory of the refining department,
- analytic laboratory,
- environmental laboratory,
- wire rod testing laboratory,
- instruments setup group.
In 2021 a laboratory for electrodeposited copper foil testing was commissioned. Specialists of the new CPL department monitor all steps of the foil manufacturing process, certify and check quality of the finished products. This laboratory is equipped with the latest modern instruments and equipment, such as:
- scanning electron microscope VEGA3 by Tescan (Czech Republic);
- optical microscope Leica DM750M with analytical program «Axalit» (Germany);
- profilometers KLA-Tencor Alpha-StepR D-500 (США) and Phase II SRG-4600 (USA);
- laboratory hydraulic press LP-S-80 by LabTech (Thailand).
- milliohmmeter Burster Resistomat 2316-0001(Germany) with a Sifam Tinsley 3218C table for foil samples fastening (UK);
- Imada foil peeling test machines based on ZTA-100N dinanometer; (Japan)
- ductility testing device 3FDF FLEX TESTER Jovil (USA).
- Tensile machines by Instron Instron (USA)
- Automatic titrator Т-70 by Mettler-Toledo (Switzerland)
- Laboratory scales by Mettler-Toledo (Switzerland)
- Atomic emission spectrometer with ICP iCАР 7000, by "ThermoScientific" (USA).
The latest equipment and highly professional personnel are capable to determine the structure of the foil, identify trace impurities, test products for tensile strength, elasticity, peeling strength — and further based on the results adjust the production process.
In general, the CPL is equipped with modern analytical instrumentation, standard samples and solutions of all grades. Measurement methods have been developed and are being improved for all test objects.
The laboratory is certified by the National Accreditation System for technical competence in accordance with the requirements of GOST ISO / IEC 17025 for quantitative chemical analysis of: copper cathodes, blister copper, gold and silver ingots, platinum and palladium in powder, palladium on carbon, selenium, silver — gold alloy, copper scrap, copper sulfate, nickel sulfate, precious metal secondary raw material, gold-bearing ores and their derivative products, copper concentrates, production waste, gold alloy, platinum-palladium concentrate, copper electrolyte sludge, natural and waste water, air of the working area, atmospheric air, industrial emissions, microclimate and physical factors of the working area, aerodynamic testing of ventilation systems, copper raw material for drawing (wire rod), copper wire.